Iredell County Public Library
By using ICPL’s wireless network, you agree with the following conditions:
Public Wireless Policy
- The user assumes all responsibility for the use of the Library’s wireless network.
- The Library does not guarantee that all devices will be compatible with our wireless network.
- The Library’s wireless network is not encrypted. Information sent from or to your device
could be intercepted by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
- The library is not responsible for any financial loss, interception of private information,
infection with viruses or malware, or any other harm you may have while using the library’s wireless network. We
advise you to avoid sending sensitive information, such as online purchases or online banking, on any public wireless
- Wireless users requiring sound must use headphones so as not to disturb others.
- Please be considerate of other library users and refrain from displaying materials that might
reasonably be considered objectionable. The library uses content filtering software on the public wireless network
in compliance with the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA). Users of the Wi-Fi network are responsible for
complying with CIPA. Violations of CIPA on the library's Wi-Fi network may result in suspension of access to the
- Users of the public wireless network are prohibited from gaining unauthorized access to other
computer systems, damaging or attempting to damage equipment or software; interfering with system operations, integrity
or security; gaining unauthorized access to another person’s files, and/or sending harassing messages to other computer
- Violations of this policy may result in restrictions on library use.