Selected Student Access ResourcesNote: Web access to Student Resources must be through the links on this page.
- Hoonuit-A video-based how-to training resource, Hoonuit opens up unlimited access to thousands of short videos covering more than 500 of today's most popular software applications on both PCs and Macs..
- Learning Express-Practice tests and self-paced courses for students and adult learners including ASVAB, GED, GRE, SAT, resume and cover letter writing courses, and more.
- Mango Languages-A language-learning software with over 70 world language courses and over 17 ESL/ELL courses, featuring an engaging user interface, voice comparison, fresh design, foreign language films, cultural anecdotes, and a user-friendly mobile app.
- NC Live-An online resource that offers free access to eBooks, videos, magazines, newspapers, and learning tools for all ages on topics including science & math, language arts & literature, health & wellness, and genealogy & historical maps.
- Overdrive-A digital library hosting over 10,400 eBook & eAudiobook titles, in addition to live streaming videos.
- Universal Class-A collection of hundreds of affordable online Continuing Education classes facilitated by dedicated instructors sharing their knowledge on almost any imaginable topic.
- Zinio for Libraries-The world’s largest digital library newsstand that offers full-color, interactive digital magazines with unlimited check-outs
What is Student Access?
A Student Access account system that allows all Iredell-Statesville Schools students to use print and online materials from the Iredell County Public Library. The account will allow students to check out digital materials, such as e-books, e-audiobooks, and digital magazines, and up to 10 print/audio items without any late fines or fees.Students will have access to the library’s research databases and online resources such as NC Live, Pronunciator, and Learning Express.
- What are Student Access library accounts?
- What are the benefits to having one?
- What are the guidelines for these accounts?
- What do you need to do to get a Student Access library account?
- How does this affect my regular ICPL library card?
- What's the barcode number and PIN for my Student Access account?
- Are there any limitations of on Student Access accounts?
- What resources do students have access to with these accounts?
- How long are the checkout periods on student accounts?
- Are students permitted to use library computers with their student account information?
- Do students have access to their accounts online to renew, etc.?
- With these being fine-free accounts, will late fines still be accumulating on their accounts?
- How many days until items on the student accounts get marked as lost?
- If students have fines on their regular ICPL cards, can they still use their student accounts?
- Can students opt out of the program?